I've seen this going aroung blogsville. Belle and Temmy already reviewed their year 2006. Thought i'd do the same. It'll be cool, looking back this time next year to see what has changed, if any.
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? Blog, but i've always had a journal and volunteered at the Emergency Room
2. Did you keep any New Year's Resolutions? Errrmmm... nope 'cos i didn't make any
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No
4. Did anyone close to you die? NO! Thank God for his many mercies
5. Did you visit any countries? In my dream
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? A "real" job and him (i'm not telling)
7. Will any date from 2006 stay etched in your memory forever? No
8. What was your biggest achievment of 2006? Finally starting my research work with my professor and putting in my abstract for the conference. Learning to say "NO" and sticking to it.
9. What was your biggest failure? Can't think of any
11. What was the best thing you bought in '06? Sad to say, tunic tops 'cos i only discovered how fabulous they look on me
12. Did your behavior change over the year? Yes. I'm now more open to share myt feelings with my close pals. Hope that doesn't haunt me.
13. Where did you spend most of your money? Clothes and shoes and buying gas
14. Are you happier than this time last year? Yes, 'cos i'm counting down to grads and excited to see God's plans for my life unfolding one by one
Thinner or fatter? Much more fit. I'm a size 6 now, can get away with a size 4 (but that na real punishment)
Richer or poorer? In terms of finances, still make the same. I've been so blessed in other areas though so i'm not complaining
15. What song will remind you of 2006? Donnie McClurkin's rendition of "I've got my mind made up..." Didn't know Jamaican accent was so sexy.
16. What do you wish you would have done more of? Had some "ME" time and had my quiet time with God often, not just the "drive-thru" thingy i found myself doing most of the time.
17. What do you wish you would have done less of? Not intervened in family drama
18. What did you do for Christmas '06? Went to church, opened my gifts (despite the fact that i didn't buy gifts for anyone), cooked my famous shrimp jollof rice and went over to my neighbor's for dinner
19. Did you fall in love in 2006? No, but i had a bad "crush" unfortunately, i still do
20. Did you get your heart broken in 2006? I'll let u know by the end of today
21. Favorite TV program of '06? Grey's Anatomy
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didnt hate this time last year? No, too much stress tryna hate someone
23. What was the best book you read and/or movie you saw? No time to read anything, except school books. Ok, my $200 Histology text, full of great pictures (i sound like a geek?). Pursuit of Happiness, when i finally see it
24. What was your greatest discovery? Blogger and Online Nigeria to watch dem Naija movies whenever i need to crack myself up. Trust me, i always get a good laugh
25. What did you do on your birthday? Had chinese buffet lunch with the fam. Uncle Thief also visited me and stole my small bag that was in the car with my b'day outfit. Be careful in Brooklyn, NY they can steal u even when u're alert.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? True love.
27. What kept you sane? Abba Father! There were times i thot i couldn't go on, trust me
28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2006? Trendy and casual
29. Who was the best new person you met? My fellow rat gal, Miss T
30. Who did you wish you did not meet? I look at it this way, people come to my life for a reason, even if it's just to annoy moi, but they never leave the same.
31. Who was your best friend? My sister is my best friend
32. Who was your enemy? Seriously, what's the point?
33. Who do you miss? My parents, well i still saw 'em late last year and my other bestfriend Yetunde
34. Who will you never forget? (late) Professor T.A. Lambo ( i owe a part of who i am today to him and i thank God for using him to bless me.) Still pains me that i was procrastinating my calls to see how he was doing, only for me to hear about his death. I was pained.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006: Never leave what u can do today till tomorrow
36. What will you always remember about 2006? Eating suya for the first time after almost 4 years
37. What do you want to do in '07 that you couldn't/didn't in '06? Strive to have my quiet time with God daily
38. Any resolutions? No, not one!
39. Do you want to make more friends in 2007? I really don't care
40. Anything you want to change about yourself for 2007? To continue being the innocent somborri and good gal that i am (even though some may disagree).
The Fresh Prince of Juba and the £50 note
2 weeks ago