Friday, June 02, 2006

Owambe Parties (talk-of-the-town-party)

So i attended this owanbe party last Saturday. It was a 50th b'day parry of one serious owanbe guy everyone around this area knows. The party was from 6p.m to 2 a.m, but trust my Naija peeps to always do African time. The party didn't start till 11 p.m. Anyway, since i was invited by my uncle, (Uncle G is very strict, common now, he still thinks i'm a kid and baby girl is truly becoming old now) i hesitated to go at first. But hey, i wasn't ready to deal with the boredom i would've experienced and besides i was badly in need of some good Naija food. So i finally succumbed even though i knew my uncle was seriously going to cramp my style.

Now about the party. I was a VIP there 'cos of my uncles group i went with. By the time i finished snacking on some jawbreaking drumsticks and goat meat, people had started arriving.

I wonder what this world is turning into. See some babes looking trashy and like sluts. They were trying so hard to be divalicious fashionistas, but my goodness what those babes had on i just wasn't feeling it. Infact i was pissed that they were cheapening themselves and giving a bad name to decent Naija chicks. There was this particular one that tied a see through purple wrapper on her waist and she didn't even have the decency to wear a slip underneath and she tied a bandanna-like thing on her bust. She then had this blonde weave.

This other chic had on a see-thru buba 'n iro (top and wrapper). and even wore a white wonder bra. Just imagine??? I ate some good food and efo-riro (vegetables). All in all, i had a good time, but i didn't dance, as per my uncle was there now. To cut the long story short i had fun observing the people at the party. The trouble started when i got home the next day with severe diarrhea and stomach cramps. I was doing # 2 so bad, i felt sorry for myself. Even my uncle too. I'm better now and it was still a fun nite.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Buhahahahah...funny story. What is it with naija girls and blonde weaves. It works for some people but thats coz its properly done and suits their skin tone.
But sha I miss all those owambe parties in jand...like every summer I go stay with my aunts, we'd always have a party or two to go to each weekend. Good old days.

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Yep! It pisses me off to no end when i see a blonde weave on a black girl. As for the owambe parties, i like going 'cos u'll find someone you no one way or the other, and it affords me the opportunity of staying true to my Naija roots